At Eastman’s we often hear, “I don’t like vinyl plank flooring. It doesn’t look like real wood.” At least that’s what we hear until they see the new LVP flooring in our showroom.
The odds are, you won’t be able to pick Luxury Vinyl Planks from hardwood planks out of a lineup. Here’s a summary of LVP flooring advantages from our flooring experts.
Advantages of LVP
- Extremely strong and durable
- Significantly more resistant to dents, scratches, scuffs, and stains
- Waterproof – yes, waterproof!
- Variety of colors, shapes, sizes, textures, and installation options.
- Provides the elegant look of wood, tile, or stone.
- Easy maintenance and care
These benefits come from many advancements in the materials used and the manufacturing process. Today, there are four distinct layers fused together to produce Luxury Vinyl Plank products:
- Urethane or aluminum oxide top layer
- Photographic film layer
- Vinyl color layer
- Resilient vinyl backing
LVP flooring comes in a variety of colors, shapes, and textures giving you a greater choice for your home décor. It doesn’t ding, dent or scratch like wood does. If you have pets in the house, LVP’s durability and waterproof qualities are even more important.
If asked to pick out LVP in a line-up, you’d do a double take. Now that you know the benefits of LVP, you may want to take a second look when considering flooring for your home or office.
Still not sure? Stop by our showroom and see a demonstration for yourself.