What Is a Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats have the option to be remotely controlled by a smart device. Using Wi-Fi, and advanced algorithms, they can adjust for daily schedules, weather conditions, or data from a remote sensor.
Benefits of Having a Smart Thermostat
- Saves money on energy bills by automatically setting temperatures higher during cooling and lower during heating
- Can control from your phone – if you’re on your way home, you can set it to the temperature you want it to be when you get there
- You can create a schedule directly in the app
- You can track your energy usage
- Can be compatible with other smart devices such as Amazon Alexa, which means you may be able to use voice commands to control your thermostat